This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Fuselage and Wing work

I finished up a little touch up sanding on the veritcal stabilizer tonight.  Also I got the canopy hinges and latch plates bolted in place.  I still need to re attach the rudder return springs and air vent/pitot tube.  Something to do tomorrow I suppose.  Then I ran all over the fuselage with a little shop vac and got all the dust and dirt cleaned off of it. There was a lot!  After that I hit it with a rag and cleaner and cleaneed everything the fabric will touch.  So, I believe that the fuselage is basically ready for fabric now. I just need warm enough weather for it, which could be coming tomorrow and friday.

Then Leah and I put the left wing in an engine stand and I started working on it.  I used some fine grit sandpaper to clean up some areas where glue had built up and then went around the wing with the hobby iron to smooth out any bubbles.  There were a few.  Left wing is looking good so I'll probably try to do the right wing tomorrow.  Depending on how warm it gets tomorrow and friday I may try to glue some fabric on the fuselage.  Otherwise I'm sure I'll find something else to do.  Saturday is going to be cold so I'll probably work in the apartment and cover the Elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers