This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Update

Well I got articles submitted for RC Soaring Digest and Bungee Cord early on Saturday morning.  RC  Soaring Digest is available at http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/.  To get Bungee Cord you need to join the Vintage Sailplane Association.  This can be done very easily at http://www.vintagesailplane.org/.

I did work on 373Y's wing Saturday.  The filler was cured and ready for sanding by mid day so I sanded it down very carefully as to not distrub the surrounding fabric and paint.  Once I got it smoothed down I used some MEK around the hole to clean up the surrounding paint so that I had something to glue a patch to.  The patch ended up being a circular piece of fabric about the size of a half dollar.  I glued it in place and let that dry.  Later in the day I brushed a few cross coats of EkoFill on the patch.  So now it is ready for paint. I meant to do that last night but didn't get around to it.  Then it will be time to start working on the trailer.

I did work on a more space efficient way of storing N1073.  One wing is now mounted to the wall of my garage and I started working on the other one. It will be nice to have some room to work!

In other news, Dave Smith has started working on building a 1/3 scale Cherokee II.  Dave built a 1/4 scale Cherokee a few years back and his plans were developed into the Tom Martin 1/4 scale kit that is sold through Aerosente.  Dave is going to be blogging the build of the 1/3 scale Cherokee at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1244137. I'll try to occasionally post updates here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers