This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weekend Preparations

Friday Leah and I will hit the road with 373Y, headed for Ulysses, KS for a long weekend of cross country soaring.  Only problem is that 373Y's trailer is still in need of repair so we've reverted to the backup plan of using 4653T's trailer.  Yesterday I managed to fit 4653T into our garage, which was no small achievement.  I now have 1073 and 4653T plus a couple workbenches, a whitewater canoe, and a fuselage truss in my one car garage.  Space is a bit tight.

Then I put 373Y's left wing in the trailer and pulled it out to the gliderport where it is tied down. Tonight Leah and I will work on getting the fuselage and right wing secured in the trailer and ready to hit the road.  Not to mention we've got plenty of packing to do and some work that needs to be done on the truck.

I ordered a new axle for 373Y's trailer and it should be here next week.  So once we return from Ulysses I will be working on the trailer to get it back in shape.  Should work out nicely that the first two weekends of June are booked for me so I won't be pressured to get the trailer done too quickly. 

I'll be sure to post updates and pictures from Ulysses as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers