This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm Back!

Leah and I are back from our honeymoon. Arrived in Wichita about noon today. We more or less went right to work on the workbenches when we got back and made good progress. Didn't get them finished completely thanks to me killing cordless drill batteries faster than they can charge. Here is what we've got:

The only thing left to do to this bench is screw down the 1/2" plywood that makes up the lower shelf. The other bench behind Leah needs has three of the legs started but needs doublers and the shelf built in. Tomorrow. I'm going to put the bench on casters as it is a bit heavy and that should make it easier to move around. I'm glad that we decided to assemble the benches in the garage instead of up in the apartment like originally planned. Although if we would've built them in the apartment I could've gotten a corded drill and they would be done now...

Harry stopped by this evening and took a look at 373Y's fuselage. He seemed to like what he saw. There are a few areas that will need attention. I did find a crack in one gusset that connects the lower longeron to the box structure.

Even in this picture it is hard to see. Either way it will need to be replaced but shouldn't be too hard. I need to go over the frame with a moist towel and get it good and cleaned up so maybe that will be tomorrow nights project.

Still nothing from Stewarts. I need to call them on Monday and see what is going on.

I got some more info on N10124, the original Cherokee RM, and will update the Roll Call post accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers