This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cherokee 373Y recovering process begins

I've decided to spend the winter recovering my Cherokee II, N373Y. Fabric has been ordered and received, I'm using the lightweight stuff. Today I'll call and put an order in for finishing materials. I'm going to use the Stewart Systems finishing process which is lighter and more environmentally friendly than anything else.

I've decided to start the process by recovering the Rudder. A few reasons for this. One is that I rented a garage to do the "big" work and the only the way the fuselage will fit in it is with the rudder removed. Two is that I want to do a small "practice" piece so I can learn the process before I start doing big things like the fuselage and wings. Plus I can do a lot of the work on my rudder inside my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers