This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at if you have anything to add.

Friday, April 22, 2011


The nutplates arrived yesterday for the tailwheel bracket so I went to Harry's this evening to get them riveted onto the backup sheet of steel.  That all went very smoothly with no issue.  Once home I knew that I was going to epoxy the steel sheet w/nutplates to the wood piece so I figured i should glue some other stuff while I was at it.  I spent a little time getting the scarfs cut for the rest of the stringer pieces that I had to remove to do the plywood scarfs last weekend.  With everything ready it was time to glue and clamp.  Everything is curing now. 

Tomorrow is looking like a flying day and I'm planning to get up in the NG-1 for a few flights to practice landings in it.  Sunday is looking stormy though so I suspect I'll get more work done in the garage that day.  Here are a few pictures from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment