This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Nutplates

The nutplates arrived yesterday for the tailwheel bracket so I went to Harry's this evening to get them riveted onto the backup sheet of steel.  That all went very smoothly with no issue.  Once home I knew that I was going to epoxy the steel sheet w/nutplates to the wood piece so I figured i should glue some other stuff while I was at it.  I spent a little time getting the scarfs cut for the rest of the stringer pieces that I had to remove to do the plywood scarfs last weekend.  With everything ready it was time to glue and clamp.  Everything is curing now. 

Tomorrow is looking like a flying day and I'm planning to get up in the NG-1 for a few flights to practice landings in it.  Sunday is looking stormy though so I suspect I'll get more work done in the garage that day.  Here are a few pictures from today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers