This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

N373Y painted

Last night Leah, Nick, and I started out sanding down the wing and control surfaces.  Then mixed up a batch of paint and went to town.  Once again I didn't have too many major problems with painting.  The wing is now complete as well as all the control surface. In fact, everything that is going to get painted has been painted.

Tonight we'll tape off the wings and fuselage and spray a few stripes along with the N numbers. We might have to spray an EXPERIMENTAL stencil under the canopy.  I ordered a vinyl sticker for that but I'm not sure how well the red will match my paint. We'll see.

I'm going to try to pick up some scales tonight as well as some fabric and velcro for working out some pockets in the cockpit.  tomorrow will be working on putting everything together in prep for the condition inspection on monday.  control surfaces, seat belts, towhook, skid, instrument panel etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers