This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Aileron #2

Once again I had a sunday at home, and it was cold outside.  Nothing to do except cover another aileron.  I worked sluggishly through most of the day and started glueing fabric around 9:30.  It sure helped out to have done this before.  Went pretty smoothly.  I bought a cheapo full size iron from wal mart and spent some time calibrating it on saturday.  I like it a little better than the small hobby iron, mostly because it seems to hold its temperature better during shrinking.  I did still use the hobby iron for an initial shrink and the big iron for the final 300ish degree shrink.  So now both ailerons and the rudder are covered.  I think I'll start working on the horizontal and elevator this week.  Forecast is for 40ish weather by the weekend so hopefully I'll have time to get some more work done on the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers