This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Friday, July 9, 2010

4653T flies

After work Leah and I assembled 4653T and gave it a good bath.  Between being in the hangar at Sunflower earlier this year and a few trips down the gravel to the Wichita Gliderport it was pretty dirty.  Looking much better after a bath I saddled up and took a 3000 foot tow at 7 PM.  It flew really nice!  In fact in some ways I think it flew better than 373Y. Very sprightly in roll.  Leah did take some pictures of my approach and landing and we got some pictures of the glider after the flight but I don't have time to upload them now.

Tomorrow is Kowbell and the weather is looking good for a run to the north. I'm hoping to at least get to Nebraska and possibly a lot further.  Also looking like it could be an early start to the day so i'm hoping for a launch by 11 AM.  We'll see what the weather looks like in the morning.  I'll have my SPOT tracker on, here is the link, enjoy following along:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0xSWzZKb2GVSEASvOr6Tx08EyO4mMDphc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers