This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

373Y Distribution

I got curious yesterday about everywhere that I have visited with 373Y.  I did determine that (I think) my Kowbell flight on the 10th was my 20th off airport landing in the Cherokee.   So I made up a google map of all of the places I have landed the glider.  This map shows every time I've landed somewhere that I didn't take off from.  Takeoff sites have been:

Ames, IA
Muscatine, IA
Wichita, KS
Yoder, KS
Ulysses, KS

Of course I've also flown 373Y at Marfa, TX but I always landed back at the airport there so it didn't add anything to the map.  So here it is:


View Cherokee Flights in a larger map

My GPS is out for repair at the moment, I haven't heard how long it will be before it returns.  This weekend I am instructing on Saturday and towing on Sunday so I don't plan to fly the Cherokee.  I do hope to get 4653T out for a few more flights before the end of the month as it will be in need of an annual starting in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers