This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at if you have anything to add.

Monday, May 16, 2011

weekend progress

On Saturday the skies were overcast and the wind was howling so we spent some time in the garage in the morning and managed to remove all of the control cables and pulleys, with help from Shea.  I went down to the yard store and got 150 feet of 3/32" aircraft cable to replace it with. Hopefully tonight I can get pulleys, thimbles, and nicopresses ordered so we can start replacing them this week.

Sunday i did some sanding and more filling on the right wing root. it is almost done.  Leah also worked on wire brushing the hinges and other metal pieces that will need primed. 

I submitted an article for the Bungee Cord about our progress so far so hopefully it will make it into the next printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment