This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at if you have anything to add.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

tail repairs done!

tonight i cut the final piece of wood for the tail repairs on 53T.  It didn't take too much time to get a piece of spruce cut to finish up the lower stringer.  The epoxy job on the lower piece of plywood was satisfactory and after some touch up and sanding looked really nice.  I got the lower stringer in place without to much trouble.  Then I drilled some drain holes in the bottom plywood piece and drilled out the holes for the rudder attach hinge.  I temporarily re-attached the rudder to get everything lined up and didn't have too much trouble getting the hinge bolted down.

Leah did some sanding on the areas that she super-filled last night and then added some more super fil to places that needed it.  She's mainly working on the right wing root at the fuselage and a small spot on the left wingtip.

No comments:

Post a Comment