This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kowbell 2012

Don't have time for a full report but Kowbell 2012 was literally one for the record books. Many state records fell. My flight was 242 miles, good for 5th of 9, I landed a few miles west of Morse, TX in a cut wheat field. Leah and Amy didn't have too much trouble finding me and we were out of there before sunset. It was an interesting day with lots of over developed clouds, big shadows and weird winds.  Here is my flight: http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=2541141

This is my new personal best distance and of course now the furthest that YYY has ever flown.  Still working on that 260 miles that is the best ever done in a Cherokee II, by Jim Hard, and of course, Diamond Distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers