This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at if you have anything to add.

Sunday, February 26, 2012


The last few nights with some help from Leah and Matt G we've started to put ribs back in the right wing.  I ordered some more wood from Aircraft Spruce to re-do the trailing edge and to rebuild the area around the airbrake as well as add all the necessary stiffeners to the ribs.  I need to work on the profiles of the ribs now and will need to get the last two false ribs built up to the right shape so they can be removed and used as templates.  Previously they were way undersized which lead to the leading edge skin separating from them, especially on the lower surface.

We moved the fuselage for YYY into the garage today and I did some sanding work on Leah's cedar rowing shell.  We had a really nice day here today with light winds and t-shirt weather in the afternoon.

Here is the current state of the right wing. The two false ribs on the right side are the ones that still need to be replaced.  The rib on the right where the plywood ends is the one that I broke the bottom off aft of the aft spar.  Will scarf in a new piece to replace that rather than completely replacing the rib.

No comments:

Post a Comment