This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dalhart pictures, VSA Award, Kowbell

 Sorry its been a while since I updated.  I finally got the pictures off the camera from Dalhart.  Here are some:

Gliders loaded in the hangar:

 Rod checking the oil on the Pawnee. we suggested he needed a cape.

3Y rigged next to Joe Brack's LS-4:
Bob and I on the ramp at Goodland after my downwind dash.

In other news, at our club cookout last weekend Neal Pfieffer made a small presentation.  Turns out that the VSA awarded Leah and I with a Restoration Award for our work on recovering 373Y.  The award itself is a glass bird filled with sand and is very pretty.  It was a bummer that we weren't able to make it to Lawrenceville to receive it there but it now has a prominent place on our mantle.  The next time I get 3Y out of the trailer I'll be sure to affix the plaque in a prominent place.  Thanks guys!






If you're into astrology you know that last night was the first full moon after the summer solstice and if you're into soaring and especially a KSA member that means that the following Saturday (today) is Kowbell.  So yes I'll be headed to Sunflower shortly to get ready for the annual free distance contest, now in its 49th year.  This year I'll be flying the NG-1 since I figure its extra 10 L/D points will be quite helpful in the all out non handicapped distance contest.  The weather is looking quite promising and I think it will be a good day with some good distances flown.  I'll have the SPOT tracker running: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0xSWzZKb2GVSEASvOr6Tx08EyO4mMDphc

No real progress on 53T lately.  It's been really difficult to find time to work on it between prepping for Dalhart and Kowbell and not to mention about 6 days out of 7 the last month have been over 100. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers