This is the home for everything related to Cherokee II Sailplanes. Email me at abcondon@gmail.com if you have anything to add.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

News from Oz

Ken Caldwell emailed me the other day bringing to my attention that there is Cherokee news to report from down under.  The Australian Vintage Times newsletter reports that Cherokee VH-GLV has been purchased by Peter Raphael who is working to get it re-registered and airworthy again.  I'll update GLV's roll call post with more info from the article but I was impressed to see that it has over 1300 hrs on it.  This very well could be the highest time Cherokee II in the world.

 

Ken also sent some pictures from the 1966/67 Australian Nationals in which -GLV competed.  I'll put the story from the competition on the roll call post.  Thanks Ken!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers